marishna: (SPN- (photoshoot) Jared is red)
marishna ([personal profile] marishna) wrote2008-01-02 12:06 pm

New poll!

The poll from last night hasn't been up for very long but there's already some clear-cut trends happening.

The desire to read fic from a death!ficathon and a picture prompt challenge are about the same. But far more people say they'd participate in a picture prompt challenge (poor death!fic getting a bad rap). I also posted the second question, "I would participate in:", with the idea that people who selected "neither" were those who don't write fic.

I have some other clarifying questions. I'd personally like to run the death!ficathon first because, for me, it was more fun. On the other hand, February's such a shitty month it might be a better time to write something (potentially) more depressing then. But I don't want to run into bigbang stuff with either so... HELP!

I also don't know if more people would be interested if they could do these in another fandom so I'm tossing out the idea of making either/both multi-fandom (just an FYI on that, there already is a multi-fandom picture prompt challenge, 1000_words or something, on LJ. I don't know if that will affect your vote or not). Spread the word, get a friend to vote. MMkay?

The original poll with details about each challenge

[Poll #1114526]
titti: (Default)

[personal profile] titti 2008-01-02 08:03 pm (UTC)(link)
I guess it would depend on which fandoms will end up being included. *g*

I can't read or write death!fic so that goes one challenge for me. LOL

[identity profile] benitle.livejournal.com 2008-01-02 08:59 pm (UTC)(link)
I currently only read/write in the Supernatural fandom, so for me it doesn't make a difference whether it's going to be multi-fandom or not.

Death!fic is really not my thing, so I'm all for keeping them separate for me to at least participate in one of them. And I wouldn't mind running the Death!ficathon first, so that I'll have a bit of time to work on my other challenge assignments first. :)

Just my .02s.