marishna: (Teen Wolf- (31) Scott teal roar)
marishna ([personal profile] marishna) wrote2016-03-12 11:48 pm
NSFW

today I learned that stationary and stationery are two different things

Feeling mildly better today. I don't sleep well when I'm sick so I was up at 9 and took a shower ASAP because I've been having chills and hot flashes which makes being in bed the WORST. I'm a hot sleeper to start with, I don't need any more help with it.

My stomach sounds like thunder rolling over the prairies, from all the juice and cough syrup I've had. When I breathe it sounds a bit like a squeaky rocking chair. When I try to talk I sound like a frog that's smoked two packs a day for forty years. I'm like a sound effects machine.

Funny thing is that my hives went away from Thursday 'til today and I'm not sure if I took an anti-allergy pill on Wednesday before I felt sick, which is weird. Today I started itching again so I had to break out my steroid cream and take a pill but still. That's weird, right? Hives settling down while I'm sick?

I watched all of the first season of Unreal today and it was a trip! I'll definitely be watching season 2 when it starts, sometime soon, I think. Shiri Appleby's character, Rachel, was very interesting to me and I liked watching her struggle between her job and what's she's good at and her conscience and what she WANTS to be good at. I'm glad the season was only 10 eps, though. I think any longer and it would have gone on too long with too much filler and even more back and forth between Constance Zimmer and that damn sweatpants dude she was with.

I've had the season downloaded for a little while now but I read today that Meagan Tandy from Teen Wolf is joining in season 2 with B.J. Britt from Agents of SHIELD as the suitor so it spurred me to watch it. I'm here for that!

I guess this could, technically, count as my Day 3 on that 30 day challenge thing which was to be a detailed account of your day. This is literally all I've done today. Ate french toast for supper because otherwise the strawberries I thawed would've been bad. Nothing else to report.

[identity profile] thenewbuzwuzz.livejournal.com 2016-03-13 11:31 am (UTC)(link)
Wow, the sound effects sound truly impressive. I'm sure they're not as fun to experience as they are to read about, so, um, get well soon?

[identity profile] snogged.livejournal.com 2016-03-13 04:13 pm (UTC)(link)
I hope you feel better soon!

[identity profile] ragnarok-08.livejournal.com 2016-03-13 08:10 pm (UTC)(link)
I might look into Unreal pretty shortly.

I hope that you get well soon :)

[identity profile] kseenaa.livejournal.com 2016-03-13 09:33 pm (UTC)(link)
Sounds like you sound like me when I get a cold. I always end up with all the icky bugs down my throat and I sound like shit and cough my lungs up. :-P
ext_345928: (face)

[identity profile] c-hrista.livejournal.com 2016-03-13 11:42 pm (UTC)(link)
Dang, feel better soon!

[identity profile] favoritexrecord.livejournal.com 2016-03-14 12:51 am (UTC)(link)
Hope you feel better soon!

Unreal is on my list of shows to watch. I saw a few pieces of episodes here or there and liked it, just haven't gotten around to watching it from the beginning.

[identity profile] 1-rhiannon-1.livejournal.com 2016-03-14 06:31 pm (UTC)(link)
I hope you feel all better very soon!

[identity profile] vibes.livejournal.com 2016-03-16 09:49 pm (UTC)(link)
"today I learned that stationary and stationery are two different things" Today you taught me that as well! lol

[identity profile] ellie-nor.livejournal.com 2016-03-19 02:29 pm (UTC)(link)
Re. hives going away when you are ill. That actually makes perfect sense: your immune system has real infections to fight, so it stops attacking your body.