marishna: (Arrow - (310) Laurel as Black Canary)
marishna ([personal profile] marishna) wrote2016-04-15 11:55 pm
NSFW

Meme day 25



OMG, I don't know how this is even a question!

I would TOTALLY rather date someone "plain" with an amazing personality. Once I'm attracted to someone for who they are I can become attracted to their physicality, absolutely! Pretty people are pretty but when they have a kind, generous, funny personality to match it just makes me absolutely jealous and like the world isn't fair because they don't seem possible! But when someone isn't conventionally attractive but is still all those things and more, it doesn't matter if they're "hot or not". When you're 80 and shit's sagging to the floor beauty doesn't matter anymore.

I have a lot, creatively, to do in the next day. Stuff for [livejournal.com profile] theiconthrone, various other icontests, have to finish my [livejournal.com profile] fullmoon_ficlet as soon as I post this, etc, etc.

Can anyone speak to their experience with meds they take, re: gel caps vs. tablets? I'm taking reactine for my hives and I was taking the extra strength gel cap which were working fine. The last time I bought a box, though, I was at a different store and the tablets were also extra strength but 30 to a box and only about $4 more than the gel caps that only came in, I believe, 20.

I'm finding that the tablet doesn't seem to be as effective as the gel cap but since they're the same dose of the same pill so they SHOULD be as effective, no? I don't know if it has to do with some changes with the hives themselves or maybe it's just in my head so I was wondering if anyone else could weigh in on this with their experiences.

I see my doc next week so I'll be able to speak with him again about these hives and what we can do about them long-term, considering this has been going on since before Christmas. Four months with almost everyday hives focused mainly on my arms isn't an urgent problem but it could be indicative of something else and godDAMN is it hella annoying. I don't like scratching myself until I bleed or being forced to use a steroid cream multiple times a day, not on top of all the other shit I have going on in this fucked up body of mine. :|
syderia: lotus Syderia (normal)

[personal profile] syderia 2016-04-16 06:57 am (UTC)(link)
Regarding the gel caps vs tablets thing, it might not be all in your head. I think I remember hearing about studies (which were in regards to generics, and whether the people who felt that generics were less effective were right or not) that showed that the excipient the meds were made with could interact with the active principle. So it could be possible that the excipients in the gel caps aren't the same than in the tablets, and that it makes a difference.

[identity profile] trepkos.livejournal.com 2016-04-16 08:21 am (UTC)(link)
My doctor prescribed me a medication usually given for asthma, and my hives cleared up right away. I think it was this one: http://www.webmd.com/allergies/news/20130225/asthma-drug-takes-itch-out-of-chronic-hives

[identity profile] raemyn.livejournal.com 2016-04-16 01:57 pm (UTC)(link)
I am also on daily reactine for a strange histamine reaction that results in spontaneous facial angioedema, which is hives of the deep tissue in my face. I swell up like one of those bulgy eyed goldfish. Recently discovered it's triggered by exercise. I'm literally allergic to exercise lol. But the allergist told me it'll go away as quickly and mysteriously as it started. Anyway, do you have a drug plan? You can get a prescription for it.

[identity profile] ragnarok-08.livejournal.com 2016-04-16 07:18 pm (UTC)(link)
I would totally date someone with a great personality, as looks don't really matter to me.

[identity profile] giallarhorn.livejournal.com 2016-04-17 12:17 am (UTC)(link)
Gel capsules release active ingredients more consistently than tablets, since it tends to be that once you hit the digestive/gastric system that release tends to be varied depending on person to person due to variations in pH, physiological differences. etc.

[identity profile] ellipsisms.livejournal.com 2016-04-17 04:31 am (UTC)(link)
Ugh, hives are the worst. I used to get them all the time when I was younger cause I was allergic to pretty much everything. Hopefully the doctor will have some good suggestions though. :(

[identity profile] everythingshiny.livejournal.com 2016-04-17 07:18 am (UTC)(link)
people are pretty great, and i just think everyone is pretty in their own way - well maybe not everyyyyone but still most people

tablets should be the same? but i have no idea lol.

good luck with the hives

[identity profile] favoritexrecord.livejournal.com 2016-04-18 12:29 am (UTC)(link)
Totally agree with your answer, I'd also choose someone plain with an amazing personality. It's so much more important.

That is odd that the tablets seem less effective than the gel caps. If it's the same dose, I would think they should work the same. But idk.

[identity profile] snogged.livejournal.com 2016-04-26 11:57 pm (UTC)(link)
I prefer gel caps to tablets, especially when it comes to my allergy meds.

I hope your hives can be resolved.