the resurrection of the drive-by Hoechlining
Final "official" day of my holidays. It's a long weekend which is awesome because I'm just not ready to go back to work at all.
Mom and I went to check out the stampede today, as I mentioned, and we went to the petting zoo where I made instant friends with a pig and something (a yak?) tried to eat my shirt at the petting zoo. There's also a "farm in the city" display where people have scheduled demonstrations of how a calf is born (like, the glove up to the arm and all), how to milk a cow, how sheep are sheered, the way the wool is made into useable material, etc. They have horses and donkeys and llamas and other such animals in there, too. Made friends with a donkey.
I'm the motherfucking farm animal whisperer, yo.
The rodeo was fine, but not the best I've been to. If you're on Snapchat check out my story from today because I did a video of at least one segment of every event. Roping, steer wrestling, all the riding, barrel racing, etc.
You can really see how the economy has affected things, though. The two venues where booths are for vendors were definitely less full than usual. One building often has some empty space but this was almost pathetic. And none of it is groundbreaking stuff. It's all the same Scentsy/Epicure/Thirty-One/whatever people, plus some local vendors with clothes or jewellery, the anti-abortion group (they only come to the stampede for some reason), the steam mop/magic frying pan/window sealing stuff/etc people. It's been a couple years since I've seen something new and cool there. Even the toys this year weren't that great.
Like, a few years ago the bubble gun was ALL the rage. Last year it was... I don't remember, but I know there was something. This year there wasn't really anything that I could see all over the fairgrounds that annoyed me to no end.
(Although, funny story, there was a dude in one of the vendor buildings rolling around on a "hoverboard" and he was behind mom and I as we went into the farm in the city display but there were bumps and grills under the cheap carpet they laid in the hall between the two areas and he couldn't' make it over them and I lawled)
The crowds weren't that bad, the lines for the food places moved pretty fast, and I wasn't overwhelmed like I get sometimes. The rodeo for tonight was sold out or close to it but the show didn't even have their usual pomp and circumstance. Maybe it's because last year, I think, was an anniversary year so they really went all out but even in comparison to all the times I've been it was low-key. Usually there's a head "rodeo clown" who banters back and forth with the announcers and keeps the crowd hyped, etc, but they didn't have one this year. There used to be a good one but I think he retired a couple years ago and the dude they had last year wasn't as good AT ALL.
I don't know if the Stampede couldn't get anyone, if it's even them that has anything to do with the crew who come to announce/be rodeo performers, or if they didn't want to spend the money on someone.
Before leaving today I got my inpsiration post done for a challenge at
tv_universe and now I have to focus on the icons that are due Sunday night. Oh, last second Erin. Never change.
Finally. Can we talk about...

LIKE, HOW?
PLEASE GIVE HOECHLIN HIS OWN SHOW, CW. I DON'T CARE WHAT IT IS AND DON'T CARE ABOUT SUPERMAN SO WHATEVER ABOUT THAT BUT JUST GET HIM ON MY TV FOR AT LEAST 13 EPISODES A SEASON.
And, to bring this all together in a big circle: every time I go to the rodeo I always want to either read or somehow stay focused enough to write a Stiles/Derek rodeo-AU.
Mom and I went to check out the stampede today, as I mentioned, and we went to the petting zoo where I made instant friends with a pig and something (a yak?) tried to eat my shirt at the petting zoo. There's also a "farm in the city" display where people have scheduled demonstrations of how a calf is born (like, the glove up to the arm and all), how to milk a cow, how sheep are sheered, the way the wool is made into useable material, etc. They have horses and donkeys and llamas and other such animals in there, too. Made friends with a donkey.
I'm the motherfucking farm animal whisperer, yo.
The rodeo was fine, but not the best I've been to. If you're on Snapchat check out my story from today because I did a video of at least one segment of every event. Roping, steer wrestling, all the riding, barrel racing, etc.
You can really see how the economy has affected things, though. The two venues where booths are for vendors were definitely less full than usual. One building often has some empty space but this was almost pathetic. And none of it is groundbreaking stuff. It's all the same Scentsy/Epicure/Thirty-One/whatever people, plus some local vendors with clothes or jewellery, the anti-abortion group (they only come to the stampede for some reason), the steam mop/magic frying pan/window sealing stuff/etc people. It's been a couple years since I've seen something new and cool there. Even the toys this year weren't that great.
Like, a few years ago the bubble gun was ALL the rage. Last year it was... I don't remember, but I know there was something. This year there wasn't really anything that I could see all over the fairgrounds that annoyed me to no end.
(Although, funny story, there was a dude in one of the vendor buildings rolling around on a "hoverboard" and he was behind mom and I as we went into the farm in the city display but there were bumps and grills under the cheap carpet they laid in the hall between the two areas and he couldn't' make it over them and I lawled)
The crowds weren't that bad, the lines for the food places moved pretty fast, and I wasn't overwhelmed like I get sometimes. The rodeo for tonight was sold out or close to it but the show didn't even have their usual pomp and circumstance. Maybe it's because last year, I think, was an anniversary year so they really went all out but even in comparison to all the times I've been it was low-key. Usually there's a head "rodeo clown" who banters back and forth with the announcers and keeps the crowd hyped, etc, but they didn't have one this year. There used to be a good one but I think he retired a couple years ago and the dude they had last year wasn't as good AT ALL.
I don't know if the Stampede couldn't get anyone, if it's even them that has anything to do with the crew who come to announce/be rodeo performers, or if they didn't want to spend the money on someone.
Before leaving today I got my inpsiration post done for a challenge at
Finally. Can we talk about...

LIKE, HOW?
PLEASE GIVE HOECHLIN HIS OWN SHOW, CW. I DON'T CARE WHAT IT IS AND DON'T CARE ABOUT SUPERMAN SO WHATEVER ABOUT THAT BUT JUST GET HIM ON MY TV FOR AT LEAST 13 EPISODES A SEASON.
And, to bring this all together in a big circle: every time I go to the rodeo I always want to either read or somehow stay focused enough to write a Stiles/Derek rodeo-AU.

And that is the real reason that Superman wears a cape.
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
Either way.
Dat booty.
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
Damn, they've even got Hoechlin in heels. I think he was a good pick for that role (even if Tom Welling will always be the original Clark Kent to me!).
no subject
I REALLY think this role for Hoechlin is going to lead to something where he's the star of the show. There's nothing incredible about his acting, when compared to anyone else, but he's such a goddamn good guy and his looks do NOT hurt. I want him on a Berlanti show. One that films in Vancouver. One that films somewhere I could fly into in under an hour and watch him from afar. Or up close, I'm not picky. :D
no subject
I feel like he deserves his own show by now. With so many shows filming in Vancouver now, the odds have got to be in his (and your) favor! :D