marishna: (Shadowhunters - Clary grey bkgd)
marishna ([personal profile] marishna) wrote2017-01-06 11:44 pm
NSFW

this, that, and the other thing

I posted a bunch of stuff to AO3 last night in an attempt to make the hurt/comfort bingo deadline. I didn't make it because I'm the ultimate procrastinator and that's ridiculous and I'm a piece of shit.

But I DID finish them for a single row. I can post them under amnesty, I just have to find out how that works. I'm the worst, LOL.

first the thought and then the act - G, pre-Derek/Stiles, 390-ish words, the Sheriff gets injured
my bones may break - PG-13, pre-Derek/Stiles, 950-ish words, spark!Stiles feels like he doesn't contribute enough to the pack
find an honest word - PG, pre-Derek/Stiles, 660-ish words, a threat of fire
homecoming - G, pre-Stiles/Derek, 400-ish words, Stiles returns home

I have to buy a new desk chair for home. This one has been losing its fake pleather for about a year now so I've been tracking little bits of black all over the floor. Last night a screw randomly fell out and it sinks all the time. It's quite a strange experience to try out chairs in the store because you have to try to sit how you do at home, scrunch down with awful posture as you do, put your feet up, put your feet down, try it out at the too-high table where the demo computers are set up... all while there are a handful of employees milling about, wanting to know if you need help. No, no you can't. I have to imagine falling asleep in this chair on my own, thanks.

I went to see La La Land with D tonight. She loves musicals and sentimental things so she enjoyed herself. I did too, for the record, but not in the way she did. I could take or leave the musical aspect because I just don't get music the same way she does. But I liked the story, the colour palette of the costumes and set decor, and the emergence of realism despite the fantastical nature of the overall feeling in how the movie was presented. It was a lovely film with great performances.

Tomorrow I'm trying a new Indian restaurant with T and Sunday I'm live-tweeting the Golden Globes from D's place. It's our first time doing it from the same place so it'll be new and fun. Then Monday I'm back to work and all this doesn't sound like a lot of stuff but I hope I'm not going to run myself down before the work week starts. It would help, obviously, if I could go to sleep at an age-appropriare time for an adult. New year, new sleep patterns? We'll see.

[identity profile] snogged.livejournal.com 2017-01-07 04:50 pm (UTC)(link)
Good luck finding a new desk chair.

I want to see La La Land so bad. It looks really good.
ext_5774: (Teen Wolf - (203) Multiple Ericas)

[identity profile] marishna.livejournal.com 2017-01-12 06:53 am (UTC)(link)
Thank you!

La La Land was great; definitely worth seeing in theatres!
ext_36740: (jaiden aurora)

[identity profile] jaiden-s.livejournal.com 2017-01-07 04:51 pm (UTC)(link)
I want to see La La Land. It may be a rental, though. No free weekends to see movies right now.
ext_5774: (Teen Wolf- (401) Malia yellow)

[identity profile] marishna.livejournal.com 2017-01-12 06:53 am (UTC)(link)
If you get the chance try to see it in the theatre. It's not a BIG SCREEN movie but the tribute it pays to classic Hollywood films lends itself to watching it on a grand scale. It adds to the magic La La Land tries to capture.

[identity profile] ragnarok-08.livejournal.com 2017-01-07 06:38 pm (UTC)(link)
Neat fics :D

Best of luck finding a new desk chair :)
ext_5774: (Teen Wolf - (104) Sterek vet's table)

[identity profile] marishna.livejournal.com 2017-01-12 06:53 am (UTC)(link)
Thank you!

[identity profile] sictransits.livejournal.com 2017-01-07 08:13 pm (UTC)(link)
Glad to hear you liked La La Land! I want to see that at some point.

Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead of you. Enjoy! =)
ext_5774: (Default)

[identity profile] marishna.livejournal.com 2017-01-12 06:50 am (UTC)(link)
It's worth it to see it in the theatre, I think, because although it isn't a BIG SCREEN movie it's one that benefits from the experience seeing it as such, since it pays tribute to a lot of older classic Hollywood movies. It adds to the magic.

[identity profile] kensmind.livejournal.com 2017-01-07 10:02 pm (UTC)(link)
We need a new desk chair too. They're not that easy to find. One day I took Seth to two different office supply stores and we checked out a whole bunch of them and didn't like any of them.
ext_5774: (Teen Wolf - (video) yes ani)

[identity profile] marishna.livejournal.com 2017-01-12 06:49 am (UTC)(link)
It's SO difficult to track down a good chair! I was seriously tempted to take the one from my last job because I got a brand new one a couple years before I left and I even named it. :(

[identity profile] batmarg.livejournal.com 2017-01-11 05:16 pm (UTC)(link)
We always order our desk chairs for the office online, which is probably why one is comfy, 4 are tolerable, & one is hell on my back. We should probably try your method.

Glad y'all had a nice time at the musical.

It would help, obviously, if I could go to sleep at an age-appropriare time for an adult.
Don't go acting crazy. lol
ext_5774: (Teen Wolf- (503) Malia side green)

[identity profile] marishna.livejournal.com 2017-01-12 06:48 am (UTC)(link)
I looked at a bunch of places online but much like clothes shopping I just can't seem to commit to something I can't try in person. I thought maybe I could find something in a store I liked and then could go online to find it cheaper but the only place you can really try chairs around here is Staples and all their stuff is store brand so it didn't matter. I can say from experience that Costco chairs are shiiiiiit, though.

Don't go acting crazy.

I think I already am! Sleep is awesome! I don't know why I resist it so.