marishna: (Teen Wolf- (322) Derek tucked down)
marishna ([personal profile] marishna) wrote2017-06-12 11:46 pm
NSFW

Things I don't understand (and you'll never convince me otherwise)

01) Cauliflower pizza crust or as a mashed potato sub. I love cauliflower, I do. Cooked or raw, sometimes I'll even opt for it over broccoli. But let's not get too caught up in it, yo.

02) Lettuce wraps. Like, you can't/don't eat bread and use it in place of buns n' shit? Rock on. Me? Been there, done that, made a mess. Kthxno.

03) Why Katy Perry thinks she can win at the PR game that Taylor has mastered. I don't care how transparent Taylor is, she's GOOD. Katy's sloppy and she made fun of Britney's mental illness so gtfo pls.

04) Why Tom Cruise thinks he can win at the mummy killing game that Brendan Fraser mastered. I don't care how famous Tom is/was, Brendan and Rachel are the pair to beat and Tom Cruise doesn't even believe in anti-depressants or anything useful or helpful to treat mental illness so just get fucked.

05) Where Imagine Dragons came from. I know they've been around for a while now but until the most recent songs of theirs were released I don't think I could pick them out of a musical lineup. Now I'm in love.

I went kind of AWOL at the end of May once [livejournal.com profile] mmom wrapped up. I still haven't even posted a master list of everything I wrote. Once everything finished I couldn't bring myself to make thoughts and actually type them out. I started back at the gym again, finally. Work has been pretty okay these past couple weeks since we officially took over the new business. Things are going to be slow-going there for a couple months because it's our busy season (through to whenever it gets too cold so, like, November?) so we haven't set an official timeframe when we're going to fully change over the name and such. We're going to slowly work on it and change things over but I'm hoping we can have an official "first day" this fall with media and such.

I haven't kept up with entries in the past few weeks, ngl. Anything big or important happen? What's going on with you guys?
jerusha: (itunes)

[personal profile] jerusha 2017-06-13 06:54 am (UTC)(link)
I found Imagine Dragons on a road trip out to Colorado when Tyson still had satellite radio, and there were four or five of their songs playing regularly. I loved all of them, and now they're an auto-buy for me. I'm excited for the new album!

My mom made an ersatz pizza with a brown rice crust one time when she was on a health kick. NEVER AGAIN.

[identity profile] snogged.livejournal.com 2017-06-13 12:28 pm (UTC)(link)
I tried low carb. I had such a hard time with the lettuce wraps and cauliflower substitutes. Mashed potatoes are still where it's at.

Imagine Dragons is amazing.

[identity profile] 1-rhiannon-1.livejournal.com 2017-06-13 03:05 pm (UTC)(link)
I like cauliflower crust in theory, but I'm 1000% certain that I'd make a mess of it if I tried to actually a pizza with it.

I can't deal with Tom Cruise and the Mummy thing. He just can't hold a candle to Brendan Fraser, sorry. Also I refuse on principle to pay one thin dime for any movie that Russell Crowe is in. I hate that man with a fiery passion, though I've never actually disliked a movie that he was in. I'll watch it if someone rents it and brings it over, or if it's on one of the movie channels, but he gets no money out of me. Period. Ugh.

[identity profile] ragnarok-08.livejournal.com 2017-06-13 04:33 pm (UTC)(link)
I can't understand any of those things either :/

[identity profile] rogueslayer452.livejournal.com 2017-06-13 05:56 pm (UTC)(link)
I tried listening to Imagine Dragons since they were everywhere, but their singing just didn't really do it for me, to be honest. I mostly prefer the covers of their songs by others more than them singing, if that makes any sense.

I really don't understand why they've tried with rebooting The Mummy in the first place. Yes, I know, they're trying to reboot the whole old monster movie franchise but it feels unnecessary to even do that when nobody really cares, tbh. Though I'll admit to enjoying reading all the bad reviews it's been getting. And let's be real here, the 1999 version of The Mummy (and that whole franchise in general) will always be 1000x better. Always.

[identity profile] brunettepet.livejournal.com 2017-06-13 10:23 pm (UTC)(link)
Cauliflower pizza crust is so many levels of wrong. Also, people trying to palm it off as rice? No. Keep your low carb to yourselves.

I like lettuce and I like wraps. Lettuce wraps not so much.

[identity profile] holtzmann.livejournal.com 2017-06-14 07:21 am (UTC)(link)
ugh cauliflower "rice" has the most awful texture. Also if you need to eat cauliflower - roast ittttttttt lol

i love imagine dragons. I think i heard their first song a while back on some TV show maybe?