marishna: (SPN- (101) Dean colourful profile)
marishna ([personal profile] marishna) wrote2007-12-02 09:38 pm
NSFW

SPAM!

Sorry for it, btw.

Firstly- want to make your issues with LJ knows? There's a post for it now. Most of the comments are really well thought out, valid and smart.

Secondly- Can anyone clarify for me the details on how tickets for the Spice Girls shows were sold? Did people register for a number and then when they went on sale they used that number to TRY for tickets? Also, it was announced on July 27th that tickets for the Vancouver show were going to go on sale, right? But does anyone know the date they went on sale? I'm looking at sites here and there but I don't see any dates on when they were announced/went on sale.

It's all for what I hope will be a good cause.

[identity profile] juteux.livejournal.com 2007-12-03 05:04 am (UTC)(link)
I think you had to sign up for a waitlist, and then if you got picked you were emailed a code and you had to enter that code online to get tickets. I think. And they sold out very fast. Your best bet is probably ebay or craigslist.
ext_5774: (Default)

[identity profile] marishna.livejournal.com 2007-12-04 08:36 am (UTC)(link)
Oh, I don't want to go. Well, correction. I don't have anywhere TO go and I couldn't afford the tickets now anyway. I have a weird fic idea, lol.

[identity profile] amelialourdes.livejournal.com 2007-12-03 06:46 am (UTC)(link)
I registered on their website, I was sent an e-mail on October 1st with a code -- the same day that the tickets for the concert I'm going to went on sale. The e-mailed contained both the ticketmaster website and the code to enter to buy tickets. I bought my tickets about an hour later and got some pretty okay seats. My concert sold out in about a day. Vancouver's also went on sale on October 1st since it's three days away from the concert I'm going to this Friday.
ext_5774: (Default)

[identity profile] marishna.livejournal.com 2007-12-03 06:48 am (UTC)(link)
Oooh, okay. So were there more codes sent out than tickets were available? And if you had one code could you buy as many tickets as possible or was it one code = one ticket?

[identity profile] nevlothicons.livejournal.com 2007-12-03 10:13 am (UTC)(link)
One code = 6 tickets max, but you did not have to get all of those tickets. For instance, my friend only got 5.

After the code thing, they went on general sale, but there were barely any left after the first 2 or so days.
ext_5774: (SPN- (214) Jo mouth)

[identity profile] marishna.livejournal.com 2007-12-04 08:37 am (UTC)(link)
Interesting. Thanks for the info!

[identity profile] amelialourdes.livejournal.com 2007-12-03 06:59 pm (UTC)(link)
To my knowledge there were definitely a lot of codes given out but each code allowed you to buy 6 tickets. After I got my code since I only got 2 tickets I gave my code to someone else who wanted it.

[identity profile] dserene1.livejournal.com 2007-12-04 06:29 am (UTC)(link)
I've got nothing to add except that I got the same info via email; 1 code = 6 tix max. I may still have the original email, but will have to hunt.

There were only single seats available when I checked the website 47 minutes after I'd received the email; Vancouver sold out before tix were released to the general public.

Having said that OMG, it was an amazing concert!! Seriously. I haven't read a single review of it, but my ears are still ringing from the amazingness of it all and I'd gladly pay for tix if they come back through here again.
ext_5774: (Default)

[identity profile] marishna.livejournal.com 2007-12-04 08:39 am (UTC)(link)
Wow. 47 minutes, holy. Do you happen to remember if the email went out in the morning or afternoon?

[identity profile] dserene1.livejournal.com 2007-12-04 02:28 pm (UTC)(link)
It went out in the evening, round 9pm-ish.
ext_5774: (SPN- (2x14) Bloody nose Dean = hot)

[identity profile] marishna.livejournal.com 2007-12-04 08:40 am (UTC)(link)
I bet some people got mighty rich from selling off extra tickets.

[identity profile] amelialourdes.livejournal.com 2007-12-04 09:03 am (UTC)(link)
Ho ho, so rich. Though, now that more tickets are on sale and more people wanted to get rich off of it rather than go - there are a lot of unsold tickets roaming around.

[identity profile] jade-kadir.livejournal.com 2007-12-07 04:20 am (UTC)(link)
All this stuff LJ is doing about "adult content" and flagging is frankly starting to give me a headache. *Le Sigh* I wish they would just let us do our thing and leave us alone until we need them.